As the temperature starts to drop and the sky becomes more grey, we decided to commemorate the end of the sunny season with our favourite frozen treat: matcha popsicles! Loaded with antioxidants, matcha makes this popsicle a healthy treat rather than a guilty pleasure and they couldn't be easier to make.
The best part is that they can be enjoyed at any time of day. We had ours for breakfast!
- 3 cups of greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp of matcha green tea powder (we recommend our Organic Everyday Matcha or Matcha 1st Harvest)
- 2 tbsp of honey (or sweetened to your taste)
- 1 cup of shredded coconut (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Be sure to sift in matcha so that there are no lumps.
- Add the yogurt mixture to popsicle molds.
- Freeze for approximately four hours or until frozen.
- Carefully remove from molds (you may need to let the molds sit in a bowl of warm water for a minute).